Tuesday 12 June 2012

Guilty for been, well, me...

I must be the luckiest person in the whole world, at least I feel that way absolutely every single day when I wake up. I am so grateful for everything the good Lord has given me, he has blessed me in abundance. Not only am I healthy, I have 2 beautiful little girls who are also healthy, and a wonderful, supportive husband, who is also healthy. Not only are we healthy, we are happy. And we are safe, and we are well looked after. The list is actually endless... As grateful, and aware as I am of my circumstances, today, for the first time, I felt guilty about them.

 I came across an NPO that helps sick children. And I cried reading about the chairwoman who had lost her child. I do not think any words could ever describe the grief felt by parents who have lost a child. And I pray with all my heart and soul that I never have to find out. It just made me realize that I do not do enough. Yes, I contribute to various charities on a monthly basis, but the people actually doing the leg work are usually people with full time jobs & families of their own whom also need their attention. It made me feel guilty about been so blessed. It also got me thinking that perhaps the reason for been so blessed is to be able to do some good with what I have. I have taken the first step, watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment