Monday 19 March 2012

Waking up in my House

4:30am: Pitter patter of tiny footsteps. Keira.
Big sigh. Me, “Come on, back to bed, it’s not uppies time yet. “
Keira, “But I want some water.”
Ok, walk around the bed, fall over the singing star (which is now singing), retrieve the water bottle from Etienne’s bedside table. Walk Keira back to bed, put the water bottle on her bedpost, tuck her in and walk out.
Hysterical crying.
Me, “What now?” Trying to calm her down before she wakes up Gabby.
Keira, “I can’t reach my water.”
Pass Keira her water bottle and retreat as quietly as possible. I have even been known to crawl out if it means Gabby stays asleep. Climb back into bed. I’m just falling asleep again when I get that feeling that someone’s watching you. I slowly open one eye and nearly die of heart attack. Keira is standing quiet as a mouse right in front of me, staring at me while I sleep.
Keira, “My water’s finished. Here’s the bottle. “
Seriously? You couldn’t keep that with you till the morning? (Oh yes, that’s in only 1 hour).
Me, “Ok, go back to bed.” Silently praying that she does actually do this. To my surprise, she does.
6:00am: Pitter patter of tiny footsteps. Gabby. So this is usual, pick her up put her into bed with us, with the 6 dolls, 2 teddies, and 5 blankies.
Me, “Lovie, it’s your turn for coffee. “
Etienne, “Uhu, I made coffee yesterday, it’s your turn for coffee.”
Me, “No you didn’t! I made coffee yesterday, it’s your turn. Get up!”
At this point Keira usually stumbles into the room carrying on with her dream as if she is still in it, “But baby just pinched me and I had to give her a time-out.” J Pick up Keira, put her into bed with us too. Same thought every day: we really need a bigger bed.
6:30am: Me, “Keira, tickle daddy so that he can go make milkies.”
This is my fail safe. Both children jump on daddy and start tickling. Have you ever felt a three-year-old tickle? It’s like they’re trying to gorge out your insides. Dad slips off the bed, “Ok, ok, I’m up.”

Getting my girls dressed is a nightmare. We always first have to fight about who goes first, then they won’t stand or sit when they need to, Gabby won’t let me change her nappy, the hair bobbles get pulled out  before we even leave the house, and let’s not even mention brushing teeth… Needless to say, by the time I get my coffee in the mornings, there usually isn’t any time left to drink it J

No comments:

Post a Comment